Accommodation - Shelter
All accommodation on the mountain is listed on the Mt Hotham Alpine Resort website. The options vary greatly from cheaper club lodges offering single bunk accommodation or family rooms, through to motel style apartments and luxury villas. It is quite a sprawling resort layout so make sure you know what part of the village you are booking into. It’s best to peruse your options and the latest deals online, then book using the contact details provided on the website; there are simply too many to list! You could also try using a booking service such as Mt Hotham Accommodation.
- The Golden Age Motel (Omeo) A grand old Art Deco motel with rooms starting from around $110 a night, but with some budget options also.
- Rundells Alpine Lodge (Dinner Plain) An upmarket hotel with reliable efficient service and many onsite facilities like a spa, sauna, pool, WiFi, croquet and the five star restaurant, Graze. In the Summer rooms can be as cheap as $99 for two people for two nights, but in peak season it’s about four times as much!
- Harrietville Snowline Hotel (Harrietville) A country pub with a comfy motel out the back with rooms from around $95 a night.
- Lavender Hue (Harrietville) The sweetest B&B you could imagine; it's a rustic cabin set on a lavender farm with views of the hills, very amiable hosts and a laden breakfast tray every morning! Rates start at $150 a night.
- Birches Luxury Spa Chalets (Mt. Beauty) If you enjoy tremendous mountain views, fine dining and spa chalets, holey moley will you fall in love with this place. So romantic! Rooms start from about $275 per couple for two nights.
- Historic Pioneer Mine Manager's House B&B (Bright) A lavish but quaint, olde worldy B&B, all plush four-poster beds and fine bone china. Guest rooms start from around $200 a night, and the one bedroom self-contained miners' cottage is $182 a night.
- Porepunkah Pines Tourist Resort (Porepunkah) A caravan park, literally in a park-like setting surrounded by trees by a river, with powered sites starting from $29 a night and cabins ranging from $85-$188 a night.