Accommodation - Shelter
- Islander Backpackers Resort A cheap and very central backpackers resort with dorm beds about $30 and $95 for private rooms. There is also a hotel part to the resort with studio rooms and full-fitted apartments. It’s billed as an international backpackers so if you have an Aussie passport you need a backpacker membership card (e.g. Nomads ‘Mad’ card, YHA, VIP etc.)
- Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort A great backpackers with dorm beds for $28 off peak, and $74 for a double room.
- Surfers Paradise YHA Located in Main Beach close to the beach and surrounding pubs, and the perfect base to explore the area. Dorms from $27-$36, doubles from $71.
- Palazzo Colonnades Good value hotel rooms from $105.
- Holiday Inn Rooms start from about $130 and get bigger, better and more expensive.
- Mantra Circle On Cavill A four star hotel right in the centre of things with rooms around $295 a night. They sometimes have specials for $150.
- Sea World Resort The hotel attached to the theme park in Main Beach. The rooms are high quality hotel standard and start from $275.
- Q1 Resort & Spa Stay in this iconic building and have a lagoon pool and day spa at your fingertips. Rooms start from $160 a night.
- Sanctuary Lakes Apartments Holiday self contained units, available in two or three bedrooms. Rates start from $135 a night with a three night minimum.
- Sand Castles Self contained two or three bedroom apartments starting from around $130.
Coolangatta and Tweed Heads
This popular area is dominated mostly by large resort hotels, and on the other end of the scale, quiet beach house holiday rentals. House rentals are usually private but a quick internet search will provide many options.
- Coolangatta/Kirra Beach YHA Adjacent to some of the best beaches in Australia, it's a great hostel with pool, BBQ area and games room. Dorms from $27-$30, doubles $60-$67.
- Best Western Kennedy Drive Motel A Tweed Heads motel with refurbished rooms and an airport shuttle you can book. Rooms are fair at $97-$112 a night.
- Outrigger Twin Towns Resort A large hotel in Coolangatta with a pool, seven restaurants and the Services Club entertainment complex next door. Rooms from $110-$191 a night, often with specials so check the website.
- Trekkers Backpackers A great backpacker’s housed in an old ‘Queenslander’ house. Dorms from $26, doubles $70 for two people.
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa A large, newly refurbished resort on the peninsula opposite Southport near Sea World. It's not as flash as the Palazzo, but it'll give you a fairly luxurious stay starting from $300 a night.
- Palazzo Versace Hotel It’s glitzy, gaudy and famous. Rooms start from about $400 and go all the way up to about $4,000 a night!