Accommodation - Shelter
Byron Bay is a well established destination for backpackers, school leavers, families and couples, with accommodation styles catering to all of them. Most local real estate agents handle holiday house rentals, and there are many in the beach areas, and even further into suburban Byron. There are also several backpacker lodges, motels and bed and breakfasts.
- Aquarius Backpackers Motel A fun hostel five minutes from the beach with eight bed dorms from $32 a night and double rooms from $90.
- Arts Factory Backpackers Lodge This relaxed place has accommodation from teepees and campsites, to dorm rooms and private rooms.
- Nomads Byron Bay Backpackers A simple hostel behind the Great Northern with dorm beds starting from $25 a night and doubles from $80 (if you're a Nomads member, otherwise they're more expensive).
- Byron Bay YHA A hostel with a barbecue, swimming pool and television room. Dorm beds from $27-$35, private rooms from $70 per room, but add $3.50 per night if you are not a member of Hostelling International.
- Cape Byron YHA Dorm beds from $25-$40 per night, but add $3.50 per night if you are not a member of Hostelling International.
- Broken Head Holiday Park Surrounded by National Park rainforest next to Broken Head beach, this place suits those who prefer to stay a little further out from the township. Unpowered sites are $25 a night but powered sites and cabins are also available. They also have surfboard and bodyboard hire.
- Tallow Beach Motel Located five minutes south of Byron Bay in Suffolk Park, right across the road from the beach. It’s excellent value for what you get with rooms $75 per night.
- Byron Bay Budget Apartments Fully self contained, self-catered accommodation from $150 per night.
- Planula A B&B located 3 km from the centre of town. It focuses on scuba diving as both the hosts are divers, and joint diving and accommodation deals are available. Twin rooms are $115-$185 depending on season.
- Byron Bathers A lovely and bright B&B on Fletcher Lane, with three king bed bedrooms with ensuite for $265-$350 a night including breakfast.
- Garden Burées Luxury Retreat Balinese inspired villa accommodation set in lush tropical surrounds with a day spa located on site. The burées sleep 2-6 people for $175-$400 a night.
- Gaia Retreat and Spa Located out of town in Brooklet, this is the place to seriously pamper yourself. Three night packages start from $995 per person!
- SummerHills Retreat Self contained spa accommodation in a private sanctuary retreat in Bangalow's lush green hills. Rooms are $249-$449 per night off peak and peak season varies.