Accommodation - Shelter
You’ll be met with a range of accommodations throughout the valley, with many self contained options, not just hotels, up for your choosing. But if there has to be a signature type of shelter in the area, it would be the country cottage style B&B. There are cheaper options too, with some well priced motels offering great value. Your service, food and accommodation will generally be of fairly high quality considering the number of places to stay in the area, all of whom are competing for your business!
- Tanunda Caravan & Tourist Park It has powered and unpowered tent and caravan sites, as well as some cabins. Rates range from $30-$160.
- Barossa Junction Motel in Tanunda has rooms that inside old converted railway cars, ranging from basic cars through to fairly well furnished suites. “Rooms” are $50 plus.
- Barossa Valley Farmhouse YHA Unique in the YHA world, this farmhouse in Sandy Creek is available to rent as a whole, not just as dorms. It sleeps 2-20 people from $140-$170 a night, so get enough crew and it’s a bargain! Don’t expect fanciness, but the building is quaint, in a pleasant setting and it has everything you need.
- Blickinstal Barossa Valley Retreat A pleasant country house B&B in Tanunda with expansive views and wonderful breakfasts, as well as freshly baked afternoon tea! Rooms/lodges are $150-$190 a night for two people.
- Barossa Shiraz Estate When you’re in such enchanting country, why not stay on an enchanting country estate! These Lyndoch cottages date back to the 1800’s and have been refurbished in tasteful country style (mostly!) Rooms from $255 per couple per night.
- Abbotsford Country House A stunning Lyndoch country estate with only eight suites on the property, and a view from every one of them. Rooms start from $250 a night, they’re comfy and cosy, and the atmosphere is very friendly.
- Novotel Barossa Valley A brand name hotel in Rowland Flat, and a good base from which to explore the region. Rooms are from about $170 but get much higher.
- The Louise Co-located with the Appellation restaurant (see: Eat), this luxury hotel in Marananga has ravishing vineyard views in a modern understated setting. Rooms begin from $429 a night. It's fancy.